` Ang Geck Geck: Filmmaking In Korea and Busan International Film Festival 2013

December 31, 2014

Filmmaking In Korea and Busan International Film Festival 2013


















I know it is a bit abrupt since 2014 is coming to an end and before I know it,  2015 is going to be here in few hours time! I had been wanting to post this entry for the longest time and I finally managed to collect most of the photos from all the sources. AFA had made a great impact on my life in 2013 and I really wanted to write this down!

I learnt a lot from the film masters like Lee Chang Dong (He is one of the famous and well respected directors in Korea) and other asian filmmakers. Besides attending master class, I directed a short film called Black Mirror with other asian filmmakers. One of the challenges for many of us was language barrier and communication is an important key in filmmaking so we had a lot of miscommunication with the Korea crew, which turned out to be quite a beautiful mess also. But somehow everything still turned out well, we had many wrap parties and drinking sessions. It was so damn fun, I must say. I made many good friends from all over asian countries especially Tong from Thailand! She is such a wonderful and talented person! On a technical note, Singapore doesn't has a 'Lighting Director' on set,  we usually called a 'Lighting Director' a gaffer instead. But if you call a "Lighting Director' a gaffer instead in Korea, you are looking for trouble. Just a note to future Afa !

What was the most memorable part of AFA was actually walking the red carpet! Usually you saw those big celebrities walking on the red carpet, this feeling was just too surreal for me. The Koreans were very friendly. They cheered and clapped as we walk along the red carpet with our masters as if we were really some celebrities! This feeling was indescribable.

I wish I could write more about it but words can't really describe how AFA was kinda surreal for me . I can't. I also did a really funny interview with Sindie. If you want to find out more, you can read more from here .

Powered by Blogger.