` Ang Geck Geck: Gap Teeth is in trend!

June 11, 2011

Gap Teeth is in trend!


I have been observing the latest walkway shows (this year Paris Fashion Week)/magazines/posters) since a few months ago and I know my doubt is certainly cleared and I am very right about it now.

Gap teeth models are wanted!


Hence do not rush to the dentist if you have a big distance between your front teeth. I will prove my point further. For instance, in this season America's Next Top Model, a contestant was encouraged to widen the gap between her teeth to transform her into another victim of fashion's dictatorial crazes. Read here.

"Visit the dental to mend the gap? No, please shave off a portion of my front teeth!"
Due to the craving into such recent new fashion trend, young girls in pursuit of a modeling career are now visiting the dentist to get their teeth shaved off. But dentists call this defect diastema.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Images from the movie heartbreaker

Due to the charms of Vanessa Paradis, perfectly straight teeth are no longer in fashion! Glossy magazines and the beauty industry giants are singing praises to gap teeth which don’t spoil the person but make her look outstanding. Today gap teeth are highly in demand as it is even considered to be an evidence of sexuality.

I was so distracted by Vanessa Paradis's teeth in the one of the recent movies that she acted. Most of the time I can't help it but to keep looking at her teeth whenever she revealed her teeth. Perhaps, this is a good example to mean by a perfect imperfection. On the side note, heartbreaker is really an awesome movie.

Okay, let's go back to the main topic. Other models with gap teeth:

Photobucket

Georgia May Jagger modelled/catwalked for Vogue, Chanel, Versace.

Photobucket
Jac Jagaciak
Modelled for Hermes, Chanel, and Calvin Klein



Photobucket
26 year old model Lara Stone has been seen at walkway/modelled for Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Lanvin, Fendi, Prada, Hermes, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Versace, D&G, Victoria's Secret, Vogue.

Do you know ?

In the Middle Ages, it was a sign of lust. In Nigeria, it is considered as very attractive, and women even use surgery to recreate it. In France, it is called "dents du bonheur" (lucky teeth) and in India it is said to bring luck all your life.

Some of the most famous women with gap tooth are singer and actress Vanessa Paradis, model Lauren Hutton, singer Madonna, who got it removed and actress Brigitte Bardot just to name a few.

How about asian girl with gap teeth, do you think it works?
Photobucket

Hmmm, not for me?
HAHA.


Photobucket
An Accessory brooch inspired by Vanessa Paradis's teeth.

If you think you are imperfect in terms of your look now, who know you may be the perfect up and coming next top model.

Gecks

9 comments :

  1. Hello, nice post :)
    just a note, the 2nd model is jac jagaciak and not lindsey wixson but she too has a gap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually really interesting! :) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Adriana Lima might have a gap tooth too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi anonymous

    thanks for correcting me. I already make the changes.

    AGG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belly B,

    Thanks! (:

    Not too sure about Adriana Lima though. I don't think she has. hmmm.

    AGG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have gap teeth, but I am thinking of putting on braces cause it look a little weird? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would think it is an individual preference but be proud that you have gap teeth and flaunt it instead if anyone tease you about your gap teeth. (: You could always do a cool photoshoot of your gap teeth before you put your braces to keep the photos for memory sake.. why not right? (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a gap in my teeth but I thought it looked a little odd on me so I got it closed with braces and now they're back in fashion! lol xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. gap in Vanessa's teeth is very big. it looks space of fall tooth.she is very ugly . why didn't fix them? she always try dosn't grin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vanessa has ugliest gap teeth .it's awful .and will became bent and the worse. she is near 40 .why didn't fix them. it's surprising.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.